Re: "literate" comments

(lexical) SYNTAX ONLY

: | This is a 'literate' Haskell comment line.
: | > {- This is an illiterate (?? :-) Haskell comment line, but where does it end?

: |   -}

: | > Still in a comment, or not???  Or is there a lexical error?
:
: The rule is clear.  Only lines beginning with > are in the program,

But the text inside {- -} is not in the program either, so which takes
(lexical) precedence?  I don't think that's so obvious.

   I agree with Tony not to rush. (I otherwise propose that it should
be a lexical error to have a "non-'>'" line in a {- -} comment.)

				/kent k